SAFe® 5.1 Scrum Master (SSM)
Training and certification
The SAFe® Scrum Master course provides the tactical skills to be an effective Scrum Master in a SAFe organization.
About this training course
Become a Certified SAFe® Scrum Master!
Why training with Rosho.World? We offer an immersive experience that will enable you to drive or lead a Lean-Agile transformation at the enterprise level.
Who is this course for?
For Scrum Masters who want to learn about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. Learn to facilitate team and program level events for successful program delivery, explore Scrum in the context of the entire organization, and become a Servant Leader and Coach. SAFe Scrum Masters help agile teams deliver the maximum business value that can be achieved through SAFe.
A good knowledge of English is a prerequisite as the exam material is only available in English. The courses are held partly in German and partly in English.
Our Rosho.World Plus:
– You will receive guidance and all tips for your successful certification
– A free coaching session with our experts
– You have the option to take the course again after you qualify for a refresher course
– You gain a partner for life who can help you with all SAFe issues!
Whybecome a SAFe®Scrum Master?
Learn to practice the Scrum Master role in a SAFe organization.
All general topics of the SAFe® courses:
- What is SAFe?
- What is Business Agility and how does SAFe support it?
- How does an organization scale with SAFe?
- Course documents
- Distance learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership in the SAFe® Community Platform
- The first exam is included in the price
Exam and certification details
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management.
- Experience in Scrum
Participants will learn:
- Here’s how to take advantage of SAFe, including:
- Increase in productivity.
- Improvement of product quality.
- Shortening time-to-market.
- Increase employee engagement.
- How to establish team and technical agility and organize around value flow.
- How to align huge organizations around clear, common goals.
- How to successfully participate in critical SAFe events such as PI Planning.
- How to adopt a customer-centric mindset.
The first step to becoming a certified SAFe professional is to attend the relevant SAFe course.® This is a prerequisite, as attending the course provides access to all study materials and the exam. Note that participation in the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® Scrum Master
- Exam format – multiple tick answers
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed-book, no external help, time-limited.
- Exam access – candidates can access the exam after completing the Leading SAFe course within the SAFe Community Platform®.
- Exam Duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing Score – 77%
- Language – English
- Exam Cost – The first exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retry costs 50 €
- Retake Policy – The second attempt at the exam (first retake) may be taken immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day waiting period. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day waiting period.
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skills related to the job role. We strongly encourage candidates to use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam, including:
Course Materials – The course materials are an essential artifact of the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community platform. These materials can be used to refer back to content presented during class.
Study Guide – This comprehensive guide describes the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available after completing the course via the learning plan in the SAFe Community platform.
Practice Test – The practice test is designed to predict success on the certification exam* and has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and length of time. It is part of the learning plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken unlimited times for free.
*This is not the actual exam, and passing does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
– A web-enabled version of the sample card-style questions can be found online and in the study guide.
Becoming a certified SAFe® professional requires an extraordinary range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. The certification includes:
- Relevant SAFe® PDF certificate
- SAFe® digital badge to showcase your performance online
- One-year membership in the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice.
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe-certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you throughout your SAFe journey